Dear blog,
have you ever had that feeling of losing interest in something you used to be passionate about? Whether it’s a sport, a hobby, or an artist.
I just feel like things aren’t the same anymore. Everything keeps changing. And I’m changing too. That is what scares me more than anything else.
I am constantly afraid of change, whether it's drastic or minor. I am so cozy in my comfort zone and my habits that even the smallest different action could destroy the tall tower I have built with such care and dedication over the years.
Yet, I keep hearing people say that to truly live, you need to step out of your comfort zone. And actually, now that I reflect on it carefully, I can't help but think about all the opportunities I’ve missed and failed to seize just because I was too "shy"—all those occasions that would have led me to be a different person, maybe less shy, maybe better. I also think about those trips I couldn't take. Those people I couldn't meet. Those photos I never took. Those moments I failed to live to the fullest.
And that’s when I realize how necessary changes are. How important it is for us, as people, to grow and try to become a better version of ourselves day by day. Change is inevitable.
There is a quote that stuck with me during a philosophy class: "you cannot step into the same river twice," and that’s because panta rhei, meaning everything flows. Water flows and changes endlessly, so when you go back to the river to dive in again, you must know you will never find the same water, not even the water from two seconds ago. And just like water, people are bound to change. So know this: you will never meet the same person twice, not even within the same person, because nothing is destined to stay still.
Every day, every minute, every second, we become different people.
For this reason, we might as well change and try new things. Every action we take is followed by a consequence, whether positive or negative, so who knows—maybe doing things differently could bring positive results. And if they turn out to be negative, I am sure they will be essential for learning important life lessons.
That being said, tip of the day: step out of your comfort zone sometime and try new experiences!♡
- Lia ☆
No comments:
Post a Comment